The "Golden Girl" Set: A Dirty Pretty Things review

Dirty Pretty Things have a ridiculous sale on. When i clicked through their twitter link i was like a kiddie in a sweet shop, adding silly amounts to my basket before remembering i have to pay rent and buy food, like an adult (imagine the saddest lamb you've ever seen and that was my face). I eventually narrowed my purchase down to their "Metallic Flash" set which i've obviously renamed 'Golden Girl" because, c'mon who doesn't want to feel golden?

These arrived in good time (you know how i am about shipping times) although the post office thought it would be funny to withhold my parcel for 48 hours (not cool Royal Mail). To make this arrival more exciting it arrived in a metallic pink package and wrapped in black tissue paper. Did i think about taking a photo of the wrapping a la my "Bree Bikini Post"? Yes but i was too excited to finally see these in person to be delicate with the tissue paper so that idea went out of the window.

Before i get onto my own personal failings, this bra is divine, beautifully made and finished. The fabric is soft and appears durable. There's enough structure for even very large breasts ( i imagine) with the added bonus that it's gorgeous. Not only that but it was only £15 in the sale, which is too cheap a price for a bra constructed so wonderfully.
I bought this bra in a size 34B because it was the only size close enough to mine left. At the time i was so enamoured by the price and how gold it was that i didn't even clock that it was a balcony bra (i lose all brain function when around lingerie sales). I have what i think is termed, wide set breasts, and they're small. And because of this reason i've never been able to fit in a balcony bra, even in my own size and probably the size below (anyone with a AA balcony bra want to lend it so i can test this theory?). So yes, there's enough space in the cups to host a party (remember the sad lamb i asked you to imagine, now make it 100 times sadder and you have me right now). I'm not sure what the future of this bra will be as i don't think any of my friends are of this size but if this piece takes your fancy then drop me a comment, or send me an email and we'll work something out. I'd like for it to go to a good home.

Here's where i leave a little disclaimer: I am THE worst lingerie blogger because i do this all the time. I don't need to wear bras, in fact i often go bra less as i don't need the support. So i've never been measured properly because, for me, they're purely for aesthetic purposes (except when i need one to stop that awkward nipple definition that goes on under certain materials). I always buy around my size in the hopes that the item will fit, sometimes it does, other times i'm not so lucky. There are some great blogs out there who are big advocates for women to be properly fitted and to own bras perfect for their bust. This is wonderful and i advise all Lambs to follow this ideal and not my example because i'm a twit. Blogs like InvestInYourChest, TheBreastLife and BustsForJustice, amongst others which have escaped me, are not run by complete twits and are worth a read if you would like to know more about bra fitting and why it's important.

tl;dr (that's "too long didn't read" for anyone who doesn't spend too much time on the internet): i don't buy bras in my size all the time because i don't necessarily have to. This makes me a twit and not an example to follow.


Now onto the knickers, which do fit (hurrah!). These are a size small and cost £10. As i said with the bra these are wonderful. They're cut in such a way that they're comfy as well as glamorous, something that doesn't happen all that often. The stitching around the seams is the little detail that pushes these over the edge from wonderful to blooming marvelous. I will definitely be keeping these and every time i wear them i'll feel a little perkier because my bum is golden.

I can not sing DPT praises enough for, not only their generous sale, but for the quality of these undergarments and, providing my bank account allows me, i think i might just become a regular customer.

             
Lamb