Beautifully Bound

_MG_6502_meitu_2_meitu_1Harnesses are everywhere right now. They've been slowly but surely becoming the "in" thing for a while now. Being popularised by some incredible independent designers such as Hopeless Lingerie, Karolina Laskowska and Creepyyeha. I've been on the lookout for one, or several, to add to my collection for a while but my criteria has been very strict (it must be within my very low budget, good quality and preferably made by an independent British designer) and so i hadn't been having much luck. Enter Beautifully Bound:
Whilst perusing Etsy (of course) for presents to send over to Amélie, i came across a newly opened Beautifully Bound and snatched up a Pentagram Harness thong for her, with the notion that if it looked like it wasn't going to fit or wasn't of a quality up to her standards,i'd be happy to keep it myself. Anyway, cue less than a month later and we both own matching thongs and i, naughtily, went one further and treated myself to a post break up Pentagram Harness bra.
_MG_6556_meitu_10_meitu_1
_MG_6504_meitu_4
_MG_6505_meitu_5

_MG_6569_meitu_12
Pentagram harnesses have been done multiple times before, don't get me wrong, but these pieces really stood out to me. The harness bra has the pentagram design on both the back and the front so would look equally as impressive under something backless, as it would under something sheer or low cut. This particular harness thong is actually a design i haven't seen before and i love the way it follows the natural shape of the body. I'm a big fan of the use of chunky elastic on these as well, it makes for a bold look but the increased surface area also helps to reduce the amount the harness digs into any softer areas. 
All of Beautifully Bound's creations are available in custom as well as standard sizes, so getting the right fit isn't a problem. I opted for a standard XS in the thong and whilst it is a little large on my hips, i think i prefer having it oversized for comfort (no Pillsbury DoughBoy moments, ahem). When ordering for Amélie, i requested an inch to be taken off all the XS measurements (because i was unsure of her actual sizes) and i was assured this was no problem at all. The bra i requested to be made to fit a 30 back and so fits as snugly as any of my other lingerie. Due to the nature of the design, the straps underneath the arms can feel a little restricting or rub slightly. So this is something to take into consideration when ordering. 
Something i always like to concern myself with is practicality. Lingerie is still a complete luxury for me and i always like to weigh up if a piece is worth dipping into my already limited funds. So naturally a Pentagram Harness thong that is incredibly low cut in the front wasn't something i'd have usually allowed myself to indulge in. A piece like this is hardly practical for someone who is newly single. That being said, i actually very happily cleaned my flat (and felt mighty wonderful whilst doing so) in this thong yesterday. So, coupling that with the very affordable price, i'm not regretting my purchase at all. If you are feeling less frivolous than I, Beautifully Bound will alter this harness into actual knickers, on request. The Pentagram Harness bra is a practical purchase for me though. It's something i will regularly layer over a bra and have peeking out of my outfits. 
Considering all of these items are made to order, i was pleasantly surprised to find that on both occasions, everything arrived less than a week after my orders were placed. Not only that, the communication between Beautifully Bound and myself, the customer, was impeccable. She confirmed any sizing, let me know a timescale for production and updated me frequently on the timescale for shipping. Something i love about supporting independent stores is how personal the shopping experience is and, as i ordered quite a few pieces on two separate occasions, i was sent a leg garter as a little something extra, free of charge. Unfortunately it is marginally too big but i plan on enlisting someone with elastic sewing skills and/or a sewing machine (probably my poor mother) to alter this as i'm eager to wear it over tights this winter.
You can purchase your own Pentagram harness bra and knickers from the Beautifully Bound Etsy store here
P.S. If you mention you're a reader of oflambsandlace when making a purchase from Beautifully Bound you'll get a free tri strap garter like the one pictured! As if you needed any more incentive!