Claudette Dessous Longline

LC3
LC4
It was around this time last year that i decided to treat myself to a Claudette Dessous set as a birthday present. My inability to obtain the colourway i really wanted lead me to end up working with Claudette and receiving said colourway as a sample to review. Unfortunately at the time i had been wrongly fitted into a 30C and the fit understandably wasn't perfect, with my shallow breasts being unable to fill out the fabric at the top of the cup. I had concluded that the shape of the Dessous just might not be fully compatible with shallow small busts and maybe it would be best to size down. It's not a comment i feel i can retract without trying the original Dessous style in my actual size but I was recently contacted by Claudette again and asked if i'd like to review one of their new Dessous styles, the longline. As you can see, it wasn't an opportunity i was going to turn down and hopefully my comments in this review will provide an accurate indication of fit for this particular Dessous style.
LC10
LC12
LC7
Claudette sent me their Hot Coral Polka Dot Dessous Longline in a 30B and the matching knickers in an XS.
I had no idea what colourway i was getting so this flouro pink and grey polka-dotted set was a pleasant surprise. I am my mother's daughter in that i adore polkadots, they are too adorable and so this set wins on that factor alone. I also love how the opacity of the set varies on several levels. The top of the cups is grey mesh that blends nicely with the rest of the cup, the back panels of both pieces are made from a slightly thicker pink mesh and there are two panels on the front of the knickers that are clear mesh. Overall it's a really interesting set and, as usual, it is beautifully constructed with any visible seams contributing to the overall design, rather than being an afterthought. And that huge satin bow, oh my love for it is indescribable. 

I consider myself to be a true 30B since it's a size that works for me through a lot of styles. Laid flat the band of this bra measures 24 inches and stretches up to 30 inches. My own underbust measures just under 27 inches and when worn on the loosest hooks, the band sits properly without riding up my back and feels firm but comfortable. I must say that the shape of the cups are the kind of thing i've never seen on a bra for a small bust. We often get 1/2 cups, so a full coverage cup like this is rare. But surprisingly, they fit, and well! My breasts fill out the entire cup, even my smaller one, and the fabric at the top of the cup sits flush against my chest. There's no gaping or wrinkling and the pointy, "I'm really just a nipple under here," shape that i usually get with non-moulded cups is no where to be seen. My bust has a nice, perky, rounded shape that looks good under clothes. I would definitely recommend the Dessous Longline as a bra suitable for small busts with a shallow shape. As for the longline, it's not the most visible feature, i would usually expect another inch or three on a bra to make it a longline. In my eyes i consider the best feature of a longline is to hide my bulbous ribcage and draw the eyes down to my waist, of which this does neither. But, and there is a very big but, with other longlines i always experience quite a deep ache in my ribcage and upper chest after wearing them for some time (does anyone else?) so i can definitely get on board with how comfortable this one is. I've been wearing it all day and there's been no ache. So long live the subtle longline.
I'm always wary of XS knickers as being a UK size 6-8, and from my experience with other brands, i would classify myself as in between sizes but these are a good fit. There's no digging in anywhere and there's enough give in the back to accommodate my arse comfortably.

I really am terribly impressed but i always am when it comes to Claudette. They continue to produce well constructed, comfortable basics in designs exciting enough to put them out there as something very special. There's fancy underwear, there's everyday underwear and then there's Claudette that takes the comfort and suitability of everyday underwear and adds a twist to make them attractive and pleasurable to wear. 
This set is currently only available to purchase at Journelle but is limited to average sizes only. Other Claudette sets can be purchased the UK, in limited sizes, from Asos and in the US, in most sizes, from Faire Frou Frou.

*This set was sent to me free of charge by Claudette. These opinions are all my own