Hopeless Lingerie

HPL7
HPL12
I adore Hopeless Lingerie and i have done for what feels like very a long time. My lingerie arsenal is stuffed with frills, lace, colour and an all manner of embellishments. This is what i'm drawn to when i'm shopping for something new but my love of all things minimal and my desire to live in a minimal environment and champion a minimal wardrobe makes Hopeless' designs so appealing. Season after season they churn out a select few pieces that are classy, black and most importantly, manage to retain a completely unique feel. Anyone who is a repeat offender here at oflambsandlace knows i've been gushing over Hopeless on the regular since Day One so it probably comes as a surprise that it's taken me this long to actually own something of theirs. Honestly, i consider the prices for the pieces to be reasonable, if a little generous considering the work that goes into handmaking every piece and sourcing such high quality fabrics, but it's the international shipping and inevitable customs fees (thank you UK border agency for charging me two hours wage just for "handling") that has always put Hopeless just out of my price range and pushed them to the back of my mind (Sad to say my mind is often filled with big UK based companies such as Damaris and Agent Provocateur). 
Gabrielle the founder, designer and hand maker of Hopeless Lingerie contacted me and offered me a $100 gift voucher in January and i almost choked on the cake bar(s) i was stuffing my face with. Dreams do come true and all that trite. Naturally deciding what to purchase and how much of my own funds i could contribute took me hours but i eventually settled on two pieces that i felt would provide an inclusive example of all the garments available and that i would be very happy to own.
HPL4
HPL1
HPL3
My tough deliberations brought the Eva Harness and Donna Knickers in an XS and XXS respectively, to my front door. For reference, the smallest part of my waist (which happens to fall on my ribcage believe it or not) is approximately 24 inches and my hips measure approximately 32 inches and both these garments fit perfectly.

I always knew i wanted to own a Hopeless harness and whilst there were some cheaper options, i was really drawn to the Eva and so that was my main splurge. Although there are only five horizontal straps, this harness is really reminiscent of the rib cage and appeals to my great love of skeletal anatomy. I have big plans for all white outfits featuring this gem once spring or summer make an appearance. The elastic Hopeless use is like no elastic i've ever come across before, and as someone who has been dragged from haberdashery to haberdashery as a child, i'd like to think that's saying something. Whilst it stretches like regular elastic, the finish on it is smooth and comfortable, with no stiff edges to dig in or chafe. All the straps, both the horizontal and neck, are fully adjustable up to a point (this point denoted by what size you chose to purchase) and so there's really very little chance of having any fit issues.

I wanted to try out a pair of knickers from Hopeless to complete this review but at the time of purchase (mid january) i was pretty much down to no jobs (i now work two) so it put some of the more adventurous knickers out of my budget and i opted for something simple. And yes, they are very simple but boy, do they put so many other knickers to shame. The "bamboo jersey" is definitely a fabric worthy of spending all day touching my arse and it's breathable which i consider to be one of the most important criteria for knickers. I'm also not sure what this witch craft is but, although being elasticated at the waist and legs, these knickers don't dig into any of my softer bits, at all. They just rest very comfortably against the body and it's pleasant to see that my muffin top seems to have retired from making an appearance. I would happily bin all my cheap everyday knickers and fill my lingerie drawer with Donnas because, whilst they may be plain, they're intelligently designed and have such a lovely shape that give me that nice ping of body confidence.

I always expected quality from Gabrielle and Hopeless Lingerie but i really am blown away. They produce a great selection of exciting harnesses and designs but the real hero of these are the slightly simpler pieces, the basics. Basics i can feel attractive in, even sexy, that are durable, breathable and practical (and black, lets not forget how much i love black).  
Something to keep in mind if you are thinking of placing an order (and i hope you are) is that all pieces are handmade by Gabrielle and her select few assistants so the wait time is a couple of months, especially since Hopeless Lingerie has become everyone's sweetheart and they must be constantly receiving orders. Personally, i don't have a problem waiting that time for something i know is going to be of good quality but plan ahead if you're making a purchase and need it by a certain time, you will be bottom of the queue once your order is placed. 
 If my gushy, excitable review has swayed you and you're planning on giving your arse and other body parts a treat then you can do so at the Hopeless Lingerie webstore
But remember, non AUS residents, budget for customs fees so you don't get caught short.

*100AUD credit was given towards my purchase of these garments for the purpose of a review. All opinions are my own.