Sacha Kimmes Lingerie

Just a little PSA: I'm no longer editing my nipples out of blog photos so if nipples offend or arouse you, get lost.
SK6.1
Do you gals follow me on twitter? Do you gals even exist (are you there readers? It's me, Lamb). Sometimes i get the distinct feeling i'm talking to myself and even i'm bored of what i have to say. Anyway, i digress, if you do follow me on twitter (or happen to have conceded to giving me your phone number without realising the extent of my neuroses, sorry Amélie) you'll have witnessed my very public break down with regards to receiving this lingerie.
Now i'm the first person to seethe that any adult who has pondered upon and chosen a favourite colour must be vapid and in need of an extra job to keep them busy. But colours that make you feel physically ill? Well i have one of them and it's un-surprisingly, the colour purple. The most offensive shade of purple, being lilac. Unfortunately my utter hatred for purple goes beyond being socially acceptable, as i've refused to associate with people once they've worn purple in my presence. Sometimes sacrifices must be made; it's me or the purple, choose wisely.
So imagine my surprise and disdain when my much anticipated parcel from Sacha Kimmes arrived, containing the only lilac set (and one of the very few non black sets) they do. There were crocodile tears and foot stamping and whines were heard across all social networks but i got over it. I'm a trooper, i put up with adversity and hard times so i can reap the benefits of cotton lace trim. Once i saw that trim, well i just couldn't bring myself to send the poor lingerie away. I reasoned i could learn to love it, in spite of it's revolting colour. No, no, don't claim me as a selfless God and erect a statue in my honour, i am but a humble human being.
And so begins the story of how i came to be in the loving possession of the Lilac Helena Set from Sacha Kimmes.
SK9.1
SK2.1
The Helena Bralette came to me in an XS, a pretty failsafe size and it fits. So no worries there. Something i'm huge on at the moment, is any non padded bras that don't make me look pointy. I've developed a big hate for being reminded that i am mostly nipple and my nipples may well be disproportionately large (when you take photos in lingerie you suddenly become hyper aware of all these tiny flaws that usually no one sits and stares at for like an hour at a time), so i like to avoid anything that makes me look like i'm wearing the world's smallest bullet bra. Luckily this bralette kind of flattens my bust into a nice rounded shape, which i am totally digging. The straps are fully adjustable and there's no fastening at the back, it's a bralette that you put on over your head, so keep that in mind just in case your shoulders are greatly larger than your underbust (although the polka dotted fabric has a great deal of stretch).
SK5.1.1
SK10.1
The matching Helena knickers arrived in an XS, a size i'd usually think long and hard about before ordering because i usually fall somewhere in between an XS and a S. Generally, i find it's nicer to have a little extra room than lose a cheek due to lack of circulation, but going by the size chart on the Sacha Kimmes website, XS seemed to fit my measurements. However, i wish i'd sized up. My arse is doing its very best to eat as much of this fabric as it can and i either have my arse crack peeking out of the top of the waistband or suffer with quadrabutt (it's a thing and it's not pretty). They're by no means uncomfortable, but they are unflattering in this size, alas my arse must be too large for XS because they fit my hips just fine. So maybe i won't roll them out next time i want to look my best in my skivvies (still working on it, but i am perpetually alone) but as an everyday pair of knickers, i am down with that. Another big plus is that the little bow embellishment and the overlap of the lace trim is perfectly central, i could probably take a tape measure to it and only find a minimal deviation and that to me shows that real care has been taken when constructing these.
Something i always like to do, when i'm reviewing a bralette and knicker set is put them to the ultimate test. I'm an irritable sleeper and for some reason i can't sleep fully nude but yet i can't wear anything more than a certain style of knicker, without being kept awake. So i wore these for a nights sleep and i actually got some sleep. It were as if i hadn't deviated from my usual bedtime attire. So even with the knickers being slightly too tight, they didn't keep me awake and i didn't feel the need to shimmy out of them at some obscene hour. This is a fact that should be taken as a true compliment, even the comfiest of pyjamas or babydolls usually end up traded in for a pair of cheap knickers at 4am when my discomfort has become too irritating to bare. 

I do love Sacha Kimmes lingerie, i want everything they make in black but i'm open to other colours too. Will i be adding more lilac into my lingerie collection? No. But i adore this set, It's cutesy without being sickly and it's different. A real pleasure to own. 
If you want to purchase some Sacha Kimmes lingerie or buy your own little slice of lilac heaven/hell then pop over to the official website

*These items were sent to me free of charge to review. All opinions are my own