Urban Bird Clothing

UBC.2-4UBC.2-2
So i guess there's a reason why i have a lingerie wishlist (much like this one) that i circulate between my two closest friends and my beau, and it's because they're amazing people who pick up on my not so subtle hints and spoil me rotten. E from Thigh Highs and Glitter started my Christmas off right by getting me the much coveted, limited edition Gold set from Urban Bird Clothing. I've wanted this set ever since it was released mostly because of how cute it is but also because i've wanted to feature Urban Bird Clothing on Of Lambs and Lace for a while. They're such a cute indie brand with a great ethos and really sweet customer relations.
In my household, this set has earned the title of "un-shootable." The amount of times i've attempted to photograph it? Four. The amount of photos i've liked? Zero. In fact, times have gotten so desperate that beau cowers when I put it on. He knows there's going to be frustrated tears, tantrums, hours wasted. But it's time to just suck it up, accept that no matter how hard i try, i'm just not going to feel like i can do this set any justice in photos. And I honestly did try. So take my word for it, this set is gorgeous in person.

UBC.2-5UBC.2-8The Longline Bralette was bought for me in my sister size (and the size i wear most often anyway), a 30B and the matching Tanga Knickers in a size 6 ( i think). This set is now sold out, as with almost all of Urban Bird's designs the amount of fabric she has is finite and ergo her lingerie is limited edition. I so wanted to get this post up whilst the gold set was still available but i was late to the party in owning it and even later to the party in reviewing it. But there are always sets of the same cut in different fabrics available, like thisthis and this.
Firstly i want to start on a very positive note, the construction is epic for an indie. A lot of the seams are on show due to the nature of the design and they're all sewn in perfectly straight zigzag stitches. If you've ever used a sewing machine then you'll also be impressed with how absolutely perfect and symmetrical all the seams are. Not a wobble in sight. The pieces are constructed from different panels all sewn together, this acts as a natural dart and gives shape to the cups on the bralette and to the backside of the tanga (mucho flattering). The straps of the bralette are attached to large gold o-rings and are a very decent quality elastic. This particular bronze gold fabric is not only a sight to behold but also has two way stretch so comfort levels are sky high. I can wear this to bed, on a long-haul flight, trekking miles up a mountain, etc and feel like i'm wearing nothing at all, Ned Flanders style. 
Alas the fit however, it just does nothing for me. Due to the size of the cups, the bralette is basically a top for me. I could wear a bra under it, or two bras, or have a party in the cups and invite all the shite I carry around with me on a night out (i have just tested this though and iphone 6 sticks out a bit but my passport is nestled nicely). I could wear no bra under it and go out and still feel overly modest. The longline band is thick and sturdy and covers a large part of my midriff, pretty much down to my waist. Unfortunately, this style just does not strike me as one for small busts unless you're wanting an extra cute top to wear. However on the plus side, i am completely getting the impression that fuller busts would love this. Because of how sturdy the band is, and the full coverage of the cups, i reckon it's the perfect bralette for a sizeable bust. I feel like it would give a decent amount of support for something without underwire and it would do a nice job of shaping too. I love this style, i do. I will wear it as a top with a bra underneath there's no doubt about it, so whilst i am a little disappointed that i'll have to rely on another piece of lingerie to shape and flatter my bust, i'm not at a total loss. 
The Tanga Knickers are bum flatterers to be sure, not so flattering for the extra weight i carry on my hips but i'll do anything for my arse to look good. The sizing feels pretty spot on, for reference my hips are like 32" on a good day and there's no loss of blood circulation to my legs nor are my knickers pooling around my ankles so these babies will 100% be getting regular wear.

I'm still cheerleading for Urban Bird Clothing. I love them, I love their designs, it's simple. Not every style in the world is flattering or suitable for an extra small bust. If it were then i'd have a lot more lingerie. It's the harsh reality i've grown to accept and it should not reflect badly on a brand if the fit expectations of someone so at an extreme of bra sizes, are not met. Maybe smaller cups that were a little further apart and didn't come up so high would have been more flattering for me but this style works wonderfully for others with more common bust sizes and shapes. And hey, i'm cool with being a part of a bra size minority and adding a new going out top to my wardrobe.