Fréolic Lingerie

Freolic-3
So back in January, which sure feels like a long time ago, Fréolic debuted their collections and we all died inside over the Grace signature collection. A heavy but delicate corded lace layered over a barely there beige base that's not masquerading as a 'nude' but highlighted by colour matching straps and hardware. We've all seen the lace overlay, it's been everywhere from Primark to La Perla, but this is a set that changes the game. This is a set that brings the necessary lining fabric to the forefront whilst still letting the lace do it's thing. The styles of bra available in this range say 'everyday, practical but beautiful' the three matching designs of knickers say 'you can wear me for any occasion and to any comfort level' and the suspender belt says 'I'm a god damn lavish princess'. Often sets are either showstoppers or "wearable" and this is a weirdly amazing mix of both.

So that's why when I was offered the chance to chose a set to review, my first choice was Grace and I didn't even have to look. Although i'm glad I did look because Fréolic are killing it with a bunch of their other designs too. So as per usual, I sent over a long list of their designs I couldn't resist and my sizes and then went about my daily business (read: having a terrible depressive breakdown, oh joy). So I kind of forgot all about it until lo and behold, on a particularly bad day for my anxiety, a perfectly wrapped white box adorned with a big white satin bow arrived. Best post day ever.


Freolic-2
Freolic-4
Freolic-5
I was insanely lucky to be sent the Grace Plunge Bra in a 30B, the Grace Brief in a size Small and the matching Grace Suspender in a size small, and all in the Duck Egg blue or 'Greige' colour.

First off I should definitely preface this by saying my editing wizardry makes this set look a little more electric blue but it is true to the colour depicted on Fréolic's website. It's a truly beautiful dusty blue matched with an almost peach based beige and bright gold hardware. The lace on this is the thickets, strongest lace i've ever seen and it makes the delicate nature of pieces like the Grace suspender belt a lot less of a concern. I definitely feel like this set will stand up to some heavy wearing. The construction is borderline flawless with seams adding to the overall design or being so small they're almost invisible. A lot of thought and care has gone into designing this set to compliment the body with curved lines (I don't know what it is about the shape of the bottom of the bra but it's making me very happy. Such a pleasing shape). The briefs have a flattering sheer mesh behind which of course I did not get a decent photo of but that's what product shots are for; so I can rely on them when i'm useless!

The Grace bra comes with soft inserts for 'extra' padding in the cups so you can choose whether to use them or not. Personally I find the cups run quite large on this design so without the padding i'd have no chance of filling out the cups whatsoever. I also purposely asked for the plunge style as i'm too wide set and shallow to fill out balconettes and whilst this bra gives me a wondrous lifted, rounded shape when I swoop and scoop, I do still experience quite a lot of gape, mostly around the centre of the bra (maybe a lower gore? I don't know I am about the furthest thing from a bra fit expert). It's a real shame because I adore this bra and I adore the shape it gives my bust but it's going to need some clever alterations to be wearable for me (something i'm going to have to consult with someone with more knowhow than me so i can add a few darts and not reduct the attractive shape I get in this bra). My advice to anyone with a shallow, wide set bust is to possibly size down in the cups if you can.

That being said, the Grace brief and suspender belt are a perfect fit. The suspender belt fastens tight enough to stay on my 24" waist with the lace splaying perfectly over my hips and the briefs sit comfortably but not overly snug on my tricky 32.5" hips. There's no mass spillage because of either of those pieces which is a huge bonus if you're someone as soft around the edges as me! The suspender straps on the belt are also amazingly long and adjustable so if you have a penchant of wearing your suspender belts with over the knee socks like me, you'll be pleased with this too. 

I'm really smitten with this set, it's still as exciting to me as the first time I saw it and i can't wait to start wearing it. Usually i'll botch some darts in bras to make them wearable if they're just too big for my bust but i'm going to treat this bra with care and, hopefully asap, i'll be able to locate someone with the knowhow to alter the Grace bra to fit as perfectly as the rest of the set. And then I can guarantee it'll be in regular rotation for me. A set this beautiful but also flattering and of such high quality is not made to be kept in a pretty box for special occasions. It's made to be loved until it dies an honourable death after years and years of happy, regular wear.

If you're used to paying AP prices but are after something of better quality, and want to support an indie designer, then you genuinely cannot go wrong with Fréolic in my opinion. To have such a stunning and varied debut collection offering great construction and ethical manufacture too, it's pretty impressive. So saving your pennies and treating yourself (to Fréolic of course) is my advice for the day.

*All pieces gifted to me for the purpose of a review. All opinions are my own