Swimwear Week: Topshop Bikini

PB1My favourite places to buy swimwear will always be in the highstreet sales, so it's no surprise that i bought this, in a sale, from Topshop. Topshop is somewhere i always recommend for lingerie and swimwear and my go to place for those items (not a massive fan of the clothes, overpriced and poor quality). The shape of this bikini is relatively classic, with a little Sternum cut detail and a basic hipster (referring to the way they lie on the hips not their financial and style status) bottom. Yet again this wouldn't be suitable for those with larger chests, a recurring theme you'll find in my swimwear posts, because i always chose styles that flatter a small bust rather than convincing myself i could wear a balcony or triangle bikini top (which i can't because they'd swamp me). 
What made me scour the racks for 20 minutes desperately trying to find my size was the material, not the cut (for once). As you can see it's a lovely blush pink saturated with very fine glitter threads. In the end my desire to have this bikini lead me into the changing rooms with a UK size 10 top and size 6 bottoms. Neither are my size but luckily (big sigh of relief) they both fit well enough to warrant a purchase. And for less than £10 it was well worth it. I am surprised a size 10 top, which is two sizes too big, fits so well but i was told by the woman at the counter that Topshop swimwear can tend to run quite small so golden rule number one: always try on before buying or make sure they'll accept a return.
The top is nicely gathered so that it flatters the bust and gives the illusion of it being slightly larger. My only problem is how thin the material is, much like my previous swimwear post, this does expose the entire shape of the nipple (and in my case, my private piercings) so it's definitely a "beach only" kind of piece. The bottoms lie low on the hips, which emphasises my need to lose a little hip mass, but it's not a massive issue and won't stop me wearing them.