The Knicker Issue: January Review

I wrote a post not too long ago, found here, about The Knicker Issue: a monthly panty subscription service. After counting all my pennies i committed to a three month subscription at a cost of £42 + £6 P&P. Now £14 per month isn't a great amount and i'd have happily subscribed for longer if the money were taken from my bank account every month (much like beauty boxes), rather than in one lump sum. This month i cannot afford to pay more than £48 whereas i can pay £14 monthly. Not only that but the knickers are actually cheaper if you subscribe for longer so it's a little disappointing that if i want to renew my subscription, and have another 3 months, i'll be paying more than if i'd have originally bought a 6 month subscription. As i mentioned though, i just can't afford to pay out all that money in one go. So just a little niggle that maybe the company will decide to change when they become a little more popular. 
So far i havent seen any reviews on the actual Knicker Issue subscription on other blogs (if you've done a review please link me in the comments, i'd love to read it) thus i've decided i'll review my three knickers as i get them so those thinking about buying a subscription can have a better idea of what to expect.


Now the first thing i love about the packaging is that it's small enough to fit through letterboxes, so no trekking to the Post Office Depot when you get home at the end of the day! The little brown box is sturdy and has a card sleeve. Unfortunately my sleeve was damaged in the post but it's certainly not an issue as long as my address is still visible for the post man to deliver it! I also discovered that on the back of the sleeve is an article written by the Knicker Issue staff about a hot topic at the moment, and from what i can read it's fabulous and very helpful!


Inside the box i received my knickers, wrapped in tissue paper and sealed with a monogrammed sticker. I thought it was such a lovely idea and certainly made this even more unique. I also receive a note from myself so i'm reminded to "Stay Motivated. Keep working hard". This is completely customisable so you can send yourself a little message or send notes (and knickers!) to someone special.


These are the knickers i received. They are the "Love Crimson and Tulle Stitch Brief" from Playful Promises and they retail for £15 which means i made a saving of £1! I love that The Knicker Issue is working together with independent lingerie brands! I wrote my first ever blog post, found here, about how much i love Playful Promises so it seems very appropriate that my first installment is a from them.
The knickers are full bum made out of deep crimson tulle, with a satin panel on the crotch and gorgeous stitching around the seams. They're comfortable but fiery so they're perfect for everyday wear or for Valentines day, which isn't too long away now.

So far so good. The whole concept is still a rather new one and there's a few kinks to be ironed out as the company grows and gains in popularity. But i'm happy with what i received this month and i'm looking forward to my next installment.

           
Lamb