The "Pink Satin Number" Sales Purchase

Most of my knickers come from Topshop. I love their ever changing 3 for £10 range and for that price i have no problem with having to buy new kickers every 3 months or so. These knickers are cheap and cheerful so it's no wonder that after a little while they're covered in loose elastic threads or discoloured from the wash (sometimes they even have a few holes) but i'll just head on down to my local Topshop and pick some more up, knowing that they'll have lots of new styles in anyway. Their slightly more expensive lingerie range is filled with goodies too and come sale time (which seems to be all the time now) i'll stock up on the pricier, more durable knickers and bras. 
I'm not much of a sale shopper, i can't spend more than 10 minutes perusing the racks without becoming agitated and impatient so i tend to pop into the shops a few times a week and spend 5 minutes here or there finding a few bargains.  
Today was really no exception to that, i accompanied my mother into Manchester early this morning (after little sleep) to hand my poor little macbook over to the Genius' in the apple store (£200 later and it's working again), i had an hour or so to kill before my appointment so i popped into Topshop. Twenty minutes later, having had the worst customer service (but i always do in the Manchester branch) i came out with a gorgeous set of lingerie and a pair of tights. I couldn't even bring myself to look at the clothes or shoes.

 The Set itself is a gorgeous baby pink (closer in colour to the penultimate and final images) satin number, hence the name. I was immediately drawn to the bralet and then spent forever searching the knicker racks for the full set. Why is it that during sales the bras and the knickers are separated? Surely if they match they should be put together as most people are more likely to buy the set if they don't have to go on a frustrating hunt through messy racks, right? Isn't this more logical?
 
I love the strap detailing on the bra and how it nicely shapes the breast. The cups and center panel are patterned with quilting stitches. The back of the Bralet is a fine pink mesh which contrasts with the chunky mesh that makes up the top quarter of the cups. I bought this in a UK size 32A and it fits perfectly, i don't think i've ever found an underwired piece that fits quite as snugly as this! The tag price was £25 and i paid £10.80.
Now here's where part of my poor customer service story comes in. As always i took my items to the changing room to try them on, having a bum that is a size larger than the rest of your body makes it necessary to try knickers on (over the underwear i'm wearing of course), especially those that are high waisted. My major worry was that, as these were a size 8, they would fit my bum but be loose around my much smaller waist. I have always, in every single store i've ever bought underwear from, been allowed to take underwear into the changing rooms. But apparently in this particular branch of Topshop it isn't allowed. The knickers were snatched from my hand (as well as the tights i was thinking of buying) and the snobby assistant essentially gave me a look like i was some kind of toddler staging a dirty protest, not a customer with the intent of buying. I wouldn't have been so furious if the assistant weren't so rude and abrupt with me. I was pretty nervous about buying these but decided they were worth the risk and yes, they fit my bum but are loose around my waist (there's at least a 5cm gap). It's upsetting but i can imagine that particular branch of Topshop also has a no returns policy on lingerie so i shall keep them and make do.
On to the actual knickers. The front has three panels of the same quilting stitches and two fine toothed, functional, gold zippers. The sides are panelled with fine mesh and this is the only elasticity the knickers have. The tag price was £18 and i paid £9.
 
I love the vintage feel of this set, anytime i wear anything inspired by or actually vintage i feel so glamourous and my mood is instantly uplifted. Even after dealing with a few snobby Topshop employees and the slight sizing problem i'm still pleased i found these and i'm even happier i got them for 50% or more off.
If you're a lingerie enthusiast and you don't want to splash the cash on something designer i will forever recommend Topshop, in particular their fabulous lingerie sales which last for weeks (there are even branches filled with lovely, helpful employees).


            
Lamb