Boux Avenue

Boux Avenue have recently opened stores all over the UK and i'm lucky enough to live in a city containing one. I had intended to go to the opening and do a big blog post but life has this awful habit of getting in the way of all my grand lingerie plans. 
So anyway, 2 ish weeks after the opening i finally got around to popping into my local store and spending a little money. Firstly i'd like to say that this was the, hands down, easiest lingerie shopping experience i've had, this being completely due to their drawer system. Beneath each display is a column of drawers, all labelled externally with a back size. Inside the drawers, the bras are laid out by increasing cup size. So, essentially, within seconds i was able to determine if my size was available in any given style. Pretty damn nifty. The rest of the store is very clean, minimalist and easy to navigate around. The changing rooms are a tad too warm but i have this gripe about all UK changing rooms. One other issue i did have was the choice of music. They were playing quite frantic dance music and personally i find it off putting and unpleasant in what should be a calm place.

I immediately fell for this longline bra. It's classy, girly, delicate and best of all, i could wear it as a top if i so pleased. The material features a light blue and white cornflower print with a white mesh back and ruffle detailing. I snagged the 30C and i'm absolutely buzzing that there is finally another store, on the UK highstreet, that caters to small back sizes. I'm of the opinion this bra fits true to size as it's a perfect, snug fit for me.
Being a sucker for matching lingerie i picked up the knickers (of which unfortunately there was no choice in style) in my usual size 8. Unfortunately these knickers run large and are baggy on me. Which, considering i've definitely gained the customary birthday weight, well, there's no way my bum has gone down a size.

You can purchase the bra for £24 and the knickers for £10 from Boux Avenue's website or, if you're lucky like i am, you can pop into a store for a proper nosy.


         
Lamb