Love Claudette Dessous Set

This set was an indulgent birthday present to myself. But it's only been in my possession for a short while (through fault of my own, having it shipped to my family home and staying in the City for extra long). After discovering that all UK stockists of Love Claudette only stock a very limited range of sizes, i turned to the American store Faire Frou Frou. The Pink Lemonade Dessous set had taken my fancy, and invaded my dreams, but after ordering Faire Frou Frou discovered that Claudette no longer had any bras in a 30C left so i switched my order to the Camo set.
The package arrived pretty swiftly, (and beautifully wrapped) and after paying some hefty customs charges (thanks UK border agency) it sat waiting for me to come home, for a good month or so.
Firstly, i'm going to tackle fit. I ordered a size 30C and a Small in the bikini knickers. The knickers fit wonderfully. They're not too tight anywhere and are generally quite accurate in size. The bra fits with regards to band size and the gore sitting flat, however as smaller chests tend to be bottom heavy there's extra fabric at the top of the cups which is empty. I anticipated this, knowing the shape and size of my own chest wouldn't fill out a bra in this style but i'm still pleased to have this set in my arsenal, and it certainly hasn't stopped me wearing it, or feeling very confident in it. I expect the next Dessous bra i buy, will be a 30B (and now i'm wondering if a 30B is available in the pink lemonade set), as the smaller cup might fit a little better. If your chest tends towards the smaller size of things, and tends to be bottom heavy, you might experience the same issue so it's something to consider if you're thinking about making a purchase. 
As far as the construction goes, i was actually taken aback when i opened the package. These pieces are very beautifully finished with contrasting neon trim and appendages. The colours are rich, the fabric soft and slightly sheer (i expect the camo print makes this set a little more opaque than others).
These are a world away from my usual, overly girly choice in lingerie but a little variation is definitely a good thing!


If you'd like to add a Dessous set to your collection then limited sizes (32 A-D usually) are available in UK stores such as ASOS and Urban Outfitters.
Or a full range of sizes (subject to availability as this was a very popular collection) is available from Faire Frou Frou.