Guest Post: Amélie

A little Posie for your viewing pleasure
Lamb's note: I've been looking for someone to write a guest post, or a few, for a while. Sometimes things get a little quiet around here because i have no new lingerie (and no income) or because my life has all of a sudden become hectic. I like to keep an average of 2 or 3 new posts a week so i've wanted to use these quiet times to allow those who are crazy about lingerie but not crazy enough to run an entire blog dedicated to their collection, a chance to play Lamb. Amélie contacted me about enjoying this blog and we're still deep in conversation two days later (although by the time this post goes live i reckon it'll be a four/five day long conversation). Apparently our brains were separated at birth, in particular when it comes to lingerie (i'm serious i either own or really want to own everything in this post), TV, Game of Thrones, relationships, food, err well the list goes on. So i'm super pleased and excited to host the very first guest post on oflambsandlace, and even happier that it's Amélie 

A quick overview of me:
Name: You can call me Amélie
Age: 22
Location: Eastern England (but I'm American, pesky accent and all)
Lingerie collected for: ~7/8 years
Size: 29 A / UK 4-6
Favorite designers and companies: Chantall Thomass, Agent Provocateur, Princesse Tam Tam, La Perla, Free People, Kimchi Blue
Favourite food: Sushi and candy
Hobbies outside underwear hoarding: Running, watching trashy reality tv and foreign films, studying languages and psychology, playing video games, traveling, and kissing all the smooshy faced dogs
Drawers dedicated to only lingerie: 3 and counting (the shame)

Hello everyone! When I heard Lamb was looking for guest writers to show off their lingerie favourites or collections I jumped at the chance, I am not a well known blogging entity but I am an avid reader (read, a creep. As in when I first found this blog I read every post down to the very first one), and of course a lingerie enthusiast. I have always loved this blog not only for the good reviews but also a bit selfishly, as we share some of the same tastes and closer sizes than most lingerie writers I find (which in turn makes it even easier for me to buy more lingerie, just what I need), so I am endlessly honoured to be able to contribute anything to this lovely space!
As far as I can remember, I have always rationalised my lingerie addiction as such. Most girls I've met have some sort of shopping vice. My mum loves bags. My best friend goes gaga over shoes. I've seen jewellery, perfumes, makeup, scarves, basically anything you can think of substituted into those places for any variety of women, and while I do like all those things mine is underwear and bras. And always has been. It's the first section I gravitate to in any shop and what I buy most of, and I'm not entirely sure why. It might be because I've had the same Parisian black leather purse since I was 16 (and I will be lost the day it wears out) or because I'm 5' 10" I tend to stick to flat and tall boots for my footwear, but I feel most comfortable accumulating lingerie. My mother is fond of saying I've gone through more bras then she has in her entire life, and she's probably not wrong, but how can I help myself when every new season there's some new colour or cut to be found lurking in the corners of the lingerie universe! So without further ado I will present some of my favourites:

These bras are my top of the 'most comfortable' category. I'm not the biggest fan of padding (mainly because the ratio of my bust to padding becomes about 1:4) so these are a few of my favourites for either when I'm feeling lazy, or when I'm stress eating Quorn hot dogs at 3am after the latest Game of Thrones episode. They're all comfortable enough that sometimes I fall sleep in them by accident as I've forgotten I'm wearing a bra. 

The blue bra is something I picked up from my US trip over Christmas. I went into Urban Outfitters with the intent on finding a suitable evening gown for a family function and instead left with half the underwear section. This one is the standout however, because of the colour and cut. It's a very retro type bra with the thick straps and full coverage, but as a bonus it does the impossible and actually produces a bit of cleavage for me! Which is nice when I want that. It's made by Kimchi Blue and I wear an XS.
The heart one is The Mrs, made by Playful Promises, a company which I believe Lamb has reviewed (I think she even has the same bra). Like many companies they do not make an XS so I've altered a S, which is something I've become accustomed to doing. The craftsmanship is flawless though, this set and I have been going strong for 3 years now and there isn't a stitch out of place. 
The nude is just one of my typical boring lace triangle bras which I pick up in random locations. This one I got from Anthropologie, though the actual company is La Fée Verte. This is the first one I've ever found that actually has a small running fit in XS, which I tend to favour as it means no alterations!
Next up are my favourite daily sets, for when my activities require me to wear a real bra opposed to my comfortable ones. Think tight clothing, formal wear, or see through items. Both of these bras are actually from Topshop. I don't know why people ever look down on high street lingerie, because I adore it. You can find really, really cute lingerie that doesn't break the bank at a multitude of shops, though I do tend to favour Topshop. Again I do struggle to find 29 bands so most of what I buy is 30A, which I then add extra hooks on to. But for a £10-£18 bra, you really can't do better. The red one I bought around valentine's day, but I love the demi-cup cut and bow accents, while the ivory I bought more recently as I am a sucker for lace anything!
Lastly are some of my special occasion sets. When I need an extra boost for the day, or for a special night as I do always feel better if my bra and pants are matching. I am a huge advocate of wearing lingerie for yourself, I do the cleaning in lingerie, I study in it, and watch tv like a slug on the couch in it. If you don't have anyone to wear lingerie sets for, who cares, wear them for yourself. As far as I've found when I am involved in boudoir activities with the other half, my lingerie ends up in a crumpled pile or stolen off the floor by the pug, and these babies need use! So I like to wear them when doing menial things just as much as I do the other scenario.
The writing set, I picked up from my last trip in Paris. As far as longline bras go, it is a dream. The boning doesn't stick me and the light shaping makes your bust look very attractive (even if you barely have one!) I got it in a 30A/XS set, and it fits fairly true to size. I'm not usually a massive fan of shirred back pants but these ones I will give a pass.
The mint set is my tried and true Topshop set, which has never disappointed me. Mint is a good summer colour, and the ribbon detailing on these sold me.
I realise that I glazed over the pants section, and it's probably because bras excite me more. Pants to me are just that, they're cute and I have a lot, but they're generally easy to fit and find, where bras present more of a challenge I suppose. I do love my cotton/lace thongs though, if you can show me a more comfortable pair of underwear I welcome the challenge haha.

I may have to do another master post in the future highlighting my favourite designer sets, but we just moved house so I still have a few boxes buried around me. Either way it was a lot of fun to show you all some of my tried and true, and I hope all my fellow lingerie addicts and small busted girls have maybe found some new companies to try or just enjoyed reading. 
Till next time,