Playful Promises AW13


_MG_6381_meitu_2header
_MG_6412_meitu_3_meitu_1
One of my first posts on oflambsandlace, and actually one of the reasons i founded this blog, was my Playful Promises bras. I'm a self confessed lover of the independent, UK brand so when they shared their AW13 collection, a collection inspired by the most gorgeous vintage Russian fabrics, with me i experienced some serious lust, followed by a little bit of heart break. Understandably, Playful Promises only manufactures their underwire bras in a limited size range, the smallest being a 32A (which, and i don't care what anyone tells me my equivalent bra size is, will never fit quite right), so most of their collection was off limits. However, fortunately for me, they do have some equally gorgeous soft cup bras and bodysuits. I am honestly so in love with so many pieces in this collection and having heard rumblings over the twittosphere, i'm exceedingly excited for their SS14 release too. They were kind enough to offer to send me something and i jumped at the chance of owning this Opulence set.
_MG_6442_meitu_7_meitu_4
_MG_6418_meitu_4_meitu_2
I really couldn't live without this set now that i know it exists. With the bra being modelled on vintage bullet bras and the high waist to the knickers, these give such a classic silhouette. The detachable, 3 tiered, chains, the visible stitching and the mesh bum however, take this set from being quite simple to something worth getting excited over. It's these little details, that make the most impact. 
I requested a size small in both the bra and knickers, which is the lowest size available, and the fit seems to be pretty on point for my size 6/8 bum and not noticeably too large on my 30C bust. There is space in the bra for a larger bust, but when worn on the tightest hook this bra fits like a lot of the XS bralettes i own. The knickers, when worn, have a bit of stretch left in them so could fit up to a small size 10 i'd reckon.
The chains are easily detached, and if you have a bum on the larger side, like i do, then you'll probably need to unclip one side to get the knickers on. Unfortunately, maybe to allow for this, they are a little on the loose side so hang very low, with the lowest tier reaching the tops of my thighs. For the purpose of these photos i chose to tie them (with a hair bobble, how very Blue Peter of me) in the back but i'm sure a few cleverly placed knots or twists would be a better, more permanent, solution. Or, if you have the patience of a saint (and short nails), you could just remove a section of the chain with pliers. 
I'm a big fan of functional, but still stylish, lingerie. I like to know that i'm going to get decent milage for my money, so loose hanging chains might not seem like the most obvious choice in that regard. However, i've already had great success (and many compliments) layering this bra under a low cut top and wearing the chains separately to accessorise otherwise plain outfits. Not to mention, a girl can never have too much black satin in her lingerie arsenal.
You can purchase you own Opulence Set here or shop the entire Playful Promises AW13 collection here (go on, treat yourself).
*This item was sent to me, to feature, free of charge. All opinions are my own