Kayleigh Peddie

KayleighPeddie-1KayleighPeddie-3
There's a lot of emphasis on architectural or innovative lingerie at the moment, and i myself am guilty of overlooking the basics that shape my everyday comfort. Kayleigh Peddie kind of smashes these two types together by making comfortable, simplistic and very wearable lingerie with little design twists to keep them visually interesting too. 

Something i love about owning pieces from indie brands is how acquainted i can become with the designers and seamstresses behind the brand. That personal touch lends itself to customer loyalty and makes their pieces extra special. I feel a somewhat friendly alliance with Kayleigh Peddie since we've chatted a few times and mutually followed each other on social media and i've been saving up to nab myself something from her for a long time. Unfortunately, as with many international indie brands, it got shunted to the bottom of my list for a whole host of reasons (think customs fees, fit worries, conversion rates not being in my favour, etc).  I was beyond thrilled when Kayleigh contacted me and asked if i'd like to feature one of her sets on Of Lambs and Lace. Real life got in the way for both of us for a while but finally, i can share this amazing little indie brand with you guys (and now i have the confidence to put in a cheeky order myself come payday).

KayleighPeddie-2KayleighPeddie-4
I was sent the Estelle bra, suspender belt and double strap knickers all in a size XS. 
This set boasts a minimalistic white mesh design with a subtle strappy silhouette. I mean first and foremost, i adore white lingerie no matter how impractical it may be. I often have to make the difficult decision between a set in white or black with black winning far too often, so i'm thrilled to add some more white to my collection. I also love mesh so it's a win win in my books. The construction on these pieces is pretty flawless too, without a single seam or thread out of place.

The bra design is unusual for me as i don't think i've had the pleasure of ever trying on a soft bra with such wide straps. When i first saw this i was immediately struck by how the design mirrored that of many full bust bras i'd come across. Thankfully the width of the straps and the relatively high apex of the bra don't affect it's suitability for small busts. The band fits comfortably although not snug unless i fasten it on the 3rd row of hooks, and the cups actually give me a really nice lift and shape. Overall i'd say this bra fits my 28C bust fairly well with only a small amount of fabric buckling at the bottom of the cup occupied by my smallest breast. Which is something i am all to used to so is not an issue for me. 
The suspender belt fits snugly around my 32" hips although i find the circumference is a little too large and the suspender straps are a little too short for me to wear this on my waist, my preferred place for suspender belts due to the strange pear shape of my torso. I can forgive this and my personal resulting perception of unflattery because it has six suspender straps. Six or more straps on a suspender belt should be compulsory, anything less is just highly impractical!
The knickers are exceptionally comfortable and flattering, with the adjustable two strap detailing on the side meaning they can accommodate my sizely arse and soft hips without digging in uncomfortably. Another positive is these being lined with a breathable fabric something that non indie brands can often forget, something that is very important.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Kayleigh Peddie has probably just surpassed all others to become my go to brand for comfortable basics that aren't uninspired or dull. I've worn this set complete and the pieces individually quite a few times since it arrived and i've never had any trouble or discomfort. I knew i would be impressed with these pieces but i'm glad my high expectations were met in every way. I now have my eyes set on a couple of other great designs to add to my everyday lingerie arsenal, particularly the Mena and Ollie designs so watch this space.

These items were sent to me free of charge for the purposes of a review. All opinions and conclusions are my own.